Monday, October 12, 2009

My Identity. . . .
                    My Existence. . . .


Every thing on this earth has an identity. Right from a human being, a tree, an animal, a non-living thing like a clock or a glass also has their own identity. Identity is something for which you are known to be YOU!! Till yesterday I was living with an identity… then what brought a change??
All of a sudden I began doubting my existence; I started believing I had no identity of my own. I felt as if no one was there around me although there were many.
My identity went somewhat like:

There she is his/her daughter.
There comes his/her sister.
There she is… She is his/her friend.
There that girl, yes she is his/her cousin.
There comes she, she is his/her neighbor.
The girl there, she is my relative.

Because my brother doesn’t like me doing a certain things, when he doesn’t like me disobeying him, I feel I am not a Good Sister.

Because there are relatives who ask me to help my mother all the time in her kitchen chores, because I am unable to do that all the time, though my mother never asked me to, I feel I am not a Good Daughter.

Because my friends never feel like talking to me whenever they are in trouble, I feel I am the stupid enough to realize that I always trouble them. I am the one who has to realize that they are not going to be there for me all the time and they have their own life too… And hence I am not a Good friend!!

If I am not a good daughter, not even a good sister and definitely not a good friend… Am I still a good human being??

Where do I stand without my parents?
Or when I am not with my friends?
Am I lost somewhere, from where I can’t come back??

I feel all lost about my existence… I am a daughter, I am a sister, and I am a friend…. But where does that I come from? Who am I as a person? Why am I here? What am I doing?

When you come across such depressing thoughts, I definitely thought about talking to you, but you being busy with your own thoughts, thinking about something you had to take decision about couldn’t understand my situation..

I being the one solely responsible for handling the situation… started meditating for long. But even that didn’t help. I can’t any more handle the situation like this… this is not me…
I am a happy go lucky person with a beautiful smile and not an artificial one…

I have to back to normal very soon.
He is there to look after me but I am the one to form my own identity! This too shall pass away!! He’ll help me find way out of here…….. :) I am just waiting for him to lead!!
Searching myself, my identity which is close by but is just not noticeable.







3 comments:

  1. u can do it just believe in urself..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rashmi,

    I once read a statement of Khalil Jibran.. he says "Once in my life I found myself devoid of answer, when someone asked me who am I"

    See when even the great thinker wasn't able to answer this complicated query, then who on the earth we can think to stand this question.

    We must live the life in the present moment... and we'll all be happy. :) if I am writing this comment than my identity is of a commentator... so we play different identities throughout the day.... and we must live with this fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All way in our lyf we search 4 who we r n wat our capabilities r. we tend to be d best in all bt can't as perfectionism isn't everyone's fruit. u got to just hav that belief in u that u can make people happy with uvr deeeds. i m not a philosopher bt can say sum. DO DEEDS TO OTHERS BT DO NOT COUNT THEM, LET THEM COUNT FOR U, THATS MUCH IMP..... ANYWAYS that was a gud 1 written ths tm by u.

    ReplyDelete